The papers I have used are a mix of MME ‘Lost and Found 2’ and First Edition ‘Boho Chic’. I have also used a number of different stamp sets and dies on this little card to add diamesion, layering and texture which adds alot of interest.
Now how would you like to know who too make this sweet little hair clip?!??! Well here goes……..
You will need
* two large die-cut felt flowers (I used the medium 6 petal flower from the Spellbinders ‘Carnation Creations’ set)
*a smaller die-cut felt flower (a different colour than the larger two- i used the second smallest 6 petal flower from the same set)
*small crochet lace (mine is about 12mm)
*small ric-rac (I used 12″ of 6mm)
*metal hair clip
*needle and thread
*and a hot glue gun
….I think thats it… oh and a tiny bit of glue…maybe
1. Fold the ric-rac in half and stitch so that it is secure.
2. After stitching place one strand over the other keeping them flat. Weave the back strand over the top so that the valley sits in the mountain of the other, keep doing this, twisting the stands together until you get to the end. the first couple of turns are a little tricky but when you get further on it kinda does it itself.
3.After you come to the end add a little glue to the ends to keep them together and just roll until you get the centre of your flower and stitch into place.
4. Stitch on the smaller felt flower.
5. Then add the crochet lace. I stitched mine on and did a bit of a pleat so it would turn into the circle easier.
8. And a big dollop of hot glue for the flower.
And a round of applause for my lovely model…. and little helper…. Miss Tilly Minty-Moo..
Hope you liky and have a go yourself !!!!
Twist of Faith friendship
Bunny Zoes anything goes
Card Mania girly
Word Art Wednesday nice sentiment
Simon Says Stamp and Show stamping on to patterned paper
Stamping Sensations friendship
Sweet Stampin’ frills
Stampin for the Weekend girly
Natalie and Amy fave detail MME stamps- use them alllll the time
One Crazy Stamper anything goes