As promised here it is…….
To make this flower……
You will need…
*a piece of patterned paper/card
*a small brad
*a flower die (or a circle cut with deckled edge sissors works just as well) – I will be using Spellbinders ‘Carnation Creations’
*manual die-cutting machine – my trusty Big Shot, you can tell how well used it is just look at the bend on the top plate …lol !
*and some water in a spray bottle.
I will be using this medium size 6 petal flower from the set.
1. Firstly use the die you have chosen and cut out five flower shapes.
2. Once cut place on a solid surface and spritz your water once or twice onto each flower shape. Then turn over and do the same.
3. Add the small brad though the middle of all the flowers. (It doesn’t matter what the brad looks like as it will be hidden by the first set of petals.)
4. Now scrunch up the petals, layer by layer.
5. After you have scrunched all of the layers, give it a good squeeze- here’s Tilly giving me a little hand (sorry about the pun).
6. Now squish the flower down and have a little play round with it to get the flower the way you want it to look.
7. And TA-DA!!!!!!
Once finished I put my flowers on a radiator upside-down to dry, that way they dry excactly how you want them .
Hope you have a great time making these every-so-simple scrunched flowers and even more fun adding them to your handmade projects !! xxxx